I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! I’m very honored :) and have listed the rules below:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So, I have to thank Beth at chic envelopments who is an amazing blogger and I feel incredibly honored that she takes the time to read my silly little blog. I especially love her refashions, so you should check it out :)
I have to go to work in a bit, so I’m going to pick 7 bloggers that I follow…
1. Uber Chic for Cheap – an amazing thrifting, DIY, refashion blog written by an adorable mom who chronicles her journeys through pretty pictures and step-by-step instructions.
2. 42nd Chance – my friend Alexa’s blog about her recovery from an eating disorder. It is intensely raw and open and I really encourage everyone to read it.
3. Cupcakes and Cashmere – I mean, who doesn’t follow her? And she’s coming out with a book!
4. Apron Thrift Girl – I absolutely adore this blog…Selena writes about her amazing thrifted finds from thrift stores, estate sales, garage sales, and more. She finds incredible things and especially loves MCM. Her kids are adorable and she loves Waldorf schools (which I went to for pre-k and kindergarten) so I have a soft spot in my heart for that.
5. …love Maegan – fashion and DIY blog. I love it! Her hair always looks incredible and she’s a good person to pull outfit inspiration from.
6. A Naked Notion – Planned Parenthood of Northern New England’s blog about everything sex. Previously called Consensual Text. It’s written so well and humorously!
7. Play At Home Mom – a blog about playing with your kids. Sounds silly (maybe), but it’s full of incredible ideas of how to keep your kids happy and playing without the TV. I grew up without a TV and my mom spent countless hours letting us draw, paint, be messy, and run around outside barefoot. I think it’s so important and so this blog keeps me inspired for when I have kids.
And now 7 things about me…this is way harder than it seems!
1. I’m originally from the east coast and I miss it every day.
2. I’m completely terrified of spiders, I can’t even look at pictures of them!
3. I hate fruit on the bottom yogurt and all gummy candies
4. (a lot of you ask about this) I have a tattoo on my left shoulder. It’s a haiku that my dad wrote in the 70’s, and it’s in his handwriting. He passed away when I was young so I got it as a tribute to him. It says:
Holding tightly to the flower
In a steady breeze
5. I can wear high heels for 8 hours + without my feet hurting
6. I’m just now after 5 years rediscovering my natural hair color
7. Cliche…I LOVE the beach and can literally spend 12 hours playing in the water
That’s all for today! Thanks again, Beth.